Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fly Me To The Stars!

Another new one for you! I really really really enjoyed making this one! The three night scenes I've done will be offered individually or as a set! I've learned something really important these last few months, and that's the importance of a great sketch. I used to just paint and collage with reckless abandon, which lead to art that was just...a little reckless. My most recent works have started with a good solid drawing first which makes it much easier to envisions colors, and patterns and papers!
Here's the sketch I did for this one:
My shop will open on Monday, August 15th! THERE. I said it. Now I have to do it! I'm really excited (and really nervous)!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,

Just stopping by from the e-course. I really love your work. This recent piece is really wonderful. I also adore the tent in the forest and the boat that he rode in on! Your work is very refreshing to look at. Can't wait to look at more. Glad to have found your work.

Unknown said...

Ooops, sorry I forgot to say congratulations on your shop opening on Monday. You can do it, and you will do well. Looking forward to it.

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I'm also stopping by from Kelly Rae's. Hubby is out of town, so I'm spending some time blog hopping. LOVE this! Can't wait to see what you have in your shop. Good luck; I'm sure you'll do well!