Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally, a reason to want to go to Paris

I know Paris is supposed to be that magical place that every girl is dying to visit. Such wasn't true for me until I started this book:



Julia Child's cooking show on PBS was one of the only not made for kids shows I liked back in the day. I could listen to her talk for hours upon hours. As I read this book, I can hear her distinct voice and strange inflections. The descriptions of Paris are ones I've never heard and makes me want to visit and peek into all the restaurants and sights. This coming from a girl who's never even seen real french cuisine (Though neither had Julia!).

If you have the chance, I do suggest the book highly. Now just a little longer before Julie & Juila comes out! Meryle Streep is the PERFECT person to play Julia.

No comments: